15 September 2013

Florets - Floral Quote by Vic Brotherson



When I first started out, I used to dream of having a cupboard full of vases, jugs, bottles and pots to display my flowers. Now I am lucky enough to have a shop stuffed from floor to ceiling with every conceivable shape and size of container; and yet there are still days when we need one just a bit wider or lower. My advice would be to keep as many different styles of container as possible, then your choice will be easier. My personal style is for the vintage, classic shapes of container with traditional lines that really allow the flowers to work their magic.
~ Vic Brotherson ~

[Vic Brotherson - florist and founder of her London flower shop Scarlet and Violet, author of Vintage Flowers.]
[Quote from Vintage Flowers by Vic Brotherson.]
[Flowers: Purple and pink Gladioli.
[Vintage Props: White china apothecary jar, lavender metal cake tin.]
[Other Props: Purple scarf, tissue paper and necklace.]
[Styling and Photography by Ingrid Henningsson for Of Spring and summer.] 


6 comments:

Aida said...

Pretty

Frances said...

I do like the quote, and think that your special touch is definitely apparent in the photograph.

Somehow, you always find some unexpected addition to the composition that brings its charm to life.

Bravo!

xo

Madelief said...

Such a good advise! I think Vic is right.

Have a lovely week!

Madelief x

Lisa Gordon said...

How beautiful this is, Ingrid!
The container is so perfect for those beautiful flowers.
I love the simplicity of it.

Have a wonderful week ahead, my friend!

Georgianna said...

Lovely arrangement, Ingrid! Having read Vic's book I know she has a dazzling collection of wonderful containers. One really needs a separate building to hold them, at least I am getting to that point.

Hope you have a super week ahead.

G

Ruth @ Camellia Rose said...

The moral of the story: you can never have too many vases! I knew it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...